Saturday 13 March 2010

Analysis CD covers


This is the CD cover from Snow patrols greatest hits album. It has a one colour background and the one picture on the front of the cover stands out. The bands logo is in the top right corner, the logo isn’t particularly large however it stands out as it is on a black background. This logo will also be well known to the fans of the band.


The CD cover above is from Amy Winehouse’s album ‘Back to Black’ I chose to look at this CD cover as it is simple with just the name of the artist on the front cover. This would stand out to the audience. The black background and the simple design also fits in well with the name of the album ‘back to black’.



I chose to look at the album cover by Alphabeat as I thought that the cover was exciting and attracts the audience. It makes the band look young and fun and I think that it would appeal to a younger audience. The cover also brings across the personality and idea of the band itself, exciting and energetic. The cover of the album doesn’t show a picture of the band however it looks very busy and grabs people’s attention. The only fault with this album cover is it’s hard to understand what it says.



The album cover above is from Girls Aloud album ‘Tangled up’, like the Amy Winehouse album the cover fits in with the name of the album. The bold lettering stands out on this album and like all of the album covers I have looked at it doesn’t show a picture of the band as it presumes that the audience it is aimed at already knows what the band looks like. The lettering is wrapped up in like a wire effect fitting in with the name of the album ‘tangled up’.

After looking at these album covers I have decided that I am going to make the cover for my band simple. I will show some kind of ‘materials’ on the album cover so that it fits well with the name of the song. I don’t think that the album cover needs a picture of the band on the front as the poster will show a picture of the band I think that they should both be different however with a similar theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment